Sophia Hills is a sophisticated residential development located in Prime District 9 atop Mount Sophia, which sits on an extremely rare & huge plot of land of approximately 23,770.5 sqm in size at the former Old School @ Mount Sophia. Call us @ 96322058 or register with us (on the right side bar), Developer’s Exclusive Sales team for the first hand information on pricing and floor plans.
Sophia Hills is set to be the new landmark of the private and prestigious enclave of Mount Sophia with a mix of luxury and heritage. It will feature 493 residential units across 12 Blocks of 4 to 7-storey buildings, including the 3 charming conserved buildings that will be tastefully restored and integrated as Clubhouse, Childcare & Kindergarten & Restaurant.
Sophia Hills is the first one-and-only development in Singapore with three conservation buildings.
- The former 3-Storey Methodist Girls’ School Building will be restored into a grand clubhouse for the use of residents.
- The former 4-Storey Nan Hua Girls’ School will be conserved and converted into a kindergarten and child-care.
- The iconic Trinity Theological College Chapel will be given a face-lift to house a fine-dining establishment.
The legacy of rich architectural heritage, spanning close to a hundred years, give a charm and character unique to Sophia Hills.
|Sophia Hills Project Specifications|
|Developer:||Hoi Hup Sunway|
|Location:||5 Mount Sophia|
|Tenure/Status:||99 years w.e.f. 10 Dec 2013|
|Land Size:||255,866 sqft|
|Total units:||493 Residences|
|Estimated T.O.P.:||31 Aug 2018|
Located strategically behind Plaza Singapura, The Atrium @ Orchard & The Cathay, a wide array of shopping, dining and entertainment options are readily available to the residents within walking distances. Other shopping spots such as Ion Ochard, Wisma, Far East, 313 Sommeset, Cineleisure Orchard, Paragon is a short walk away.
Ease of Convenience and Connectivity
Sophia Hills is conveniently located a short walking distance from Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange. It is the one and only interchange connected to three exiting lines, so you can get to anywhere with ease. It is also a short walk away to Bencoolen MRT Station (Future Downtown Line).
- North South Line – Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange
- North East Line – Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange
- Circle Line – Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange
- Downtown Line – Bencoolen MRT Station (Future Downtown Line)
- One Station Away to East West Line, Future Thomson Line & Downtown Line (via Transit)
Well-connected to a comprehensive network of main roads and expressways, including the Central Expressway (CTE), Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) and East Coast Expressway (ECP) nearby. It is a breeze getting to any destination islandwide.
Sophia Hills – The History
It was called ‘Seligi Hill’ during the time of Raffles and there can be little doubt that the hill was subsequently renamed after Lady Sophia Raffles. William Flint, the brother-in-law of Sir Stamford Raffles, built and lived in a house on Mount Sophia, but the hill was later sold to Charles Robert Prinsep who also owned the adjacent hill, Bukit Cawa (now Mount Emily).
In 1850, Selegie Road formed part of Mr Prinsep’s nutmeg estate, which was eventually subdivided amongst various purchasers in 1860. A number of houses were erected on the hill including the famous grand Eu Villa, the family home of Eu Tong Sen. The building has since been demolished. Over the years, the area attracted different communities and, in particular, housed many Sikh and Jewish families.
Apart from residences, the hill has also hosted a handful of educational and religious institutions, some of which have left behind buildings with historic and architectural merits. Methodist Girls’ School was at Short Street from 1900 to 1933 and thereafter moved to Adis Road; Nan Hwa Girls’ School was located at 2 Adis Road; Former San Shan School was located along Sophia Road; Chung Hwa Girls’ School was set up in a bungalow (since demolished) at Mount Emily; the former Selegie Primary School building, the first high-rise school in Singapore, still stands along Selegie Road; and St Margaret’s Primary School still operates on the hill today.
Sophia Hills Unit Mix
|Rooms||No. of Units||Size (sqft)|
|1 bedroom||104||452 – 517|
|1 bedroom + study||549 – 614|
|2 bedrooms||72||570 – 721|
|2 bedrooms + Study||721|
|2 bedrooms Dual Key||228||678 – 743|
|3 bedrooms||79||840 – 969|
|4 bedrooms||10||1,001 – 1,302|
Top Unique Selling Points
- Located in extremely prime and highly sought-after District 9 address
- 1st development in Singapore with 3 conservation buildings, including use as Childcare / Kindergarten
- Terracotta (known to be very lasting) wall finishes are to be used as a feature wall and complete the historic charm of Sophia Hills
- Less than 5 mins drive to Orchard shopping belt
- A wide array of amenities within the vicinity, i.e. Plaza Singapura, The Cathay, Bugis Junction, The Paragon, Ion Orchard and many more
- Approximate 7 minutes walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange
- Near SMU, SOTA, LASALLE and many international institutions
Make Sophia Hills, your choice home in the choice location today! Call us @ 96322058 or register with us (on the right side bar), Developer’s Exclusive Sales team for the first hand information on pricing and floor plans.